Toronto (June 14, 2018) – Tiffany Ford will host her official campaign launch and rally for Ward 7 on Tuesday, July 3, 2018, at the Jamaican Canadian Association, located on 995 Arrow Road, North York, ON M9M 2Z5. Doors are at 6 PM and the program will take place from 7PM-10PM.
Tiffany is a Toronto District School Board Trustee, a tireless community advocate, an entrepreneur, and a lifelong resident of Ward 7.
The July 3rd event will launch Tiffany’s community-powered campaign and celebrate Ward 7, a unique and vibrant space whose strengths and needs must be effectively championed at City Hall. Tiffany is ready to work for the community, with the community:
“This campaign is about us working together, and making decisions on what we need for our community. I have spent my entire life in this ward. I understand the urgency for change and the issues most important to community members, like affordable housing and childcare, accessible transit, and community programming. Together we can take action. I invite residents of Ward 7 and individuals from across Toronto who are passionate about this community to join us.”
Speakers for Rally for Ward 7 will include:
- Jill Andrew, MPP Toronto-St. Paul’s
- Desmond Cole, Activist, and Journalist
- Celina Caeser-Chavannes, MP Whitby
- Winston LaRose, Jane and Finch Advocate
- Karlyn Percil, Founder of SisterTalk
- Ausma Malik, Toronto District School Board Trustee
- Neethan Shan, City Councillor Ward 42
- Marit Stiles, MPP Davenport
- Kristyn Wong-Tam, City Councillor Ward 27
- Andrea Vasquez Jimenez, Educator, and Organizer
- and more
Rally for Ward 7 will be hosted by Emcee Ebone, with performances from King Fabuloso, Lola Bunz and Aalyha Charles, and music by DJ Big P.
Please visit www.tiffanyford2018.ca to RSVP and learn more about the campaign.